'DSE Stock Tracker' in First BdOSN Code Sprint

I am back from the first BdOSN code sprint - the first of it's kind in our country - Bangladesh. It was held at SUST (Shah Jalal University of Science & Technology), Sylhet - one of the most beautiful places in Bangladesh. I did my graduation from this university :)

There I lead a project named 'DSE Stock Tracker'. It shows real-time (4 minutes delay) stock prices from Dhaka Stock Exchange to your mobile. The mobile client was developed in Python (PyS60).

The whole system has three parts:
  • A spider that harvests data from dse website and stores in mysql database
  • An API for mobile application/client
  • A mobile client


All the parts are developed using Python.

I shall write my experience, challenges faced and how I solved them in next several posts. Stay tuned!

Comments

Unknown said…
hi, Good job done. We can be proud for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Strip HTML tags using Python

lambda magic to find prime numbers

Convert text to ASCII and ASCII to text - Python code