Using Eclipse for Python with Pydev

So far I have been using gedit in my Ubuntu machine for Python coding. And I am very happy with it. :) But next week I am going to start another Python project (using Django) and I have decided to use Eclipse as the IDE. I have heard good things about it. So just installed pydev in Eclipse. Let me share some helpful links.

1. Pydev in Eclipse market place.

2. Step by step solution for configuring Eclipse for Python.

3. Pydev home page.

Hope you will find this post useful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm probably a little goofy in this regard, but I've found Kate (KDE Advanced Text Editor) to be a good option, even though I'm running Linux Mint with a XFCE/Gnome desktop.

In essence, I get all the nice formatting options Kate offers, a terminal window for running programs, etc...
Archeleus said…
I'm using Eclipse as well. Kate is excellent, yes, but if you're running GNOME you'd have to install all the KDE libraries. Most people would prefer to keep the number of packages on their system to a minimum.

Popular posts from this blog

Strip HTML tags using Python

lambda magic to find prime numbers

Convert text to ASCII and ASCII to text - Python code