Create Facebook Application in Python using App Engine

So far I have used PHP for all the facebook applications that I (and my other team members) have developed. Today I was thinking about using Python to develop a facebook app. After Google search I found some links and at the same time I asked one of my ex-colleagues whether he used Python for any facebook application (as I knew that he was exploring Google App Engine and also Facebook app development). Then he told me that there is already a sample application in facebook that uses Python and most interestingly Google app engine! The application is named 'Run With Friends'. Though I have seen this page before but never looked at it closely. So, I think this page is the right place to get started creating facebook app in Python and GAE: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/samples/canvas/.

The project I am planning to do might take 4 to 6 months (if I get regular free time). Let me know if you have already done any interesting facebook app using Google app engine.

Comments

ad said…
Hi Tamim...i think i finally got to right place....had been searching for this for a long time ...i guess this helps.....
asto said…
Check out my mini tutorial on creating python facebook apps on Google App Engine!

http://blog.arunbalan.in/2011/09/20/facebook-canvas-apps-with-python-on-google-app-engine-super-simplified/
Unknown said…
Hi Tamim, this is what i was looking for
if you have any update please share

Popular posts from this blog

Strip HTML tags using Python

lambda magic to find prime numbers

Convert text to ASCII and ASCII to text - Python code