About Us Page Finder in Python

Few months ago, I wrote a Python code that tries to find the about us page given a URL. You can test it here: http://208.43.85.103/cgi-bin/aboutus/main.py

I have used some heuristics from my observation to write the code. But as I have started to learn machine learning (http://www.ml-class.org), I am thinking to apply machine learning technique and rewrite this. I shall try to do it later, may be last week of December. Before doing this, I would like to improve my current program by incorporating more logic (but no ml technique). I shall publish the current algorithm soon here, but first it would be great if you can test it and give me some feedback and suggestions.

Comments

Aitor Alejandro said…
Hey, you're amazing!
Very interesting blog about Python. I did a course las year and Python seemed to me a really beautiful language. It's a pity the "war" between version 2 and 3. Unfortunately, Mac OS Lion still comes with version 2. What the hell??
Anyway, I'll try to catch up thanks to your blog.
Thank you.
(I'm from Spain, it has nothing to do but, you know...)

Popular posts from this blog

Strip HTML tags using Python

lambda magic to find prime numbers

Convert text to ASCII and ASCII to text - Python code