django not found problem in mac - eclipse - pydev

I am using mac air now (I still love ubuntu). I have installed django, eclipse, pydev in my Mac OS X. Then I tried to create a new django project in eclipse and got the error "django not found". Is says that it failed to import django. But in my terminal, I can import django with no problem:
>>> import django
>>> 
This was a bit confusing at the beginning. Then I found that I need to add a new path in the eclipse > preference > pydev > interpreter-python (just add the directory where I unzipped Django-1.4.1.tar.gz). 

You can follow this blog post for step by step installation instructions.

Update: This stackoverflow post - Why doesn't Pydev Find Django discuss the same issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strip HTML tags using Python

lambda magic to find prime numbers

Convert text to ASCII and ASCII to text - Python code